You are probably excited to try the easiest – and yummiest – microwave recipes now that you finally own the best microwave oven out there. And we do not blame you, there are many great recipes that enable you to cook snacks, desserts and meals, and have them ready to eat in no time, making your busy schedule more bearable and less stressful.
Whether you live by yourself or with your family, and whether you have no time for much meal preparation or you just want to have a lazy day with easy, quick to do recipes, we got you covered.
The following are 3 microwaves recipes you need to try as soon as you can:
1) Microwaved Cinnamon Apples
These microwaved cinnamon apples are a great sweet snack for the family, and a perfect quick serve if you have guests coming over sooner than you’d expected.
All you need to do is the following:
- Peel the apples and core them. The peeling is optional, the coring is not, so make sure to remove the tough interior of the apples and their seeds.
- Cut the apples into smaller pieces so they cook faster.
- Put the apples in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Mix them with cinnamon, sugar, and cornstarch.
- Cover the bowl with a plate.
- Cook in the microwave on high power for 1 minute and 45 seconds or until tender.
Uncover the bowl carefully to avoid steam burn, and your snack is ready! You can either enjoy it as it is, add it to oatmeal, or serve it with ice cream.
2) Microwaved Sweet Potatoes
Microwaving sweet potatoes sounds tempting, because cooking them with no microwave in the equation is indeed time consuming and messy, very much unlike cooking them with the best microwave at hand.
The microwaved sweet potatoes are a great side dish if you’re lacking ideas on what to make and are the ideal self-indulgent snack to enjoy.
Here is everything you need to do to have your microwaved sweet potato ready:
- Wash the sweet potato in cold water to get rid of all dirt, then dry it by patting it with paper towels.
- Leave the skin on and poke small holes with a fork 4 – 6 times.
- On a microwave-safe plate, place the potato and cook it for 5 minutes on high power. If it doesn’t come out fork tender, cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Don’t forget to use oven mitts when removing the plate from the microwave!
- Place the sweet potato on the cutting board and split it in the middle.
- Season with salt, pepper, sugar and sliced butter.
3) Microwaved Stuffed Bell Peppers
Microwaved stuffed bell peppers are healthy and easy to make, so they are ideal for your lunch at work, or a side dish if you’re planning a family get-together, and you need an easier recipe to cook, after having cooked many other dishes.
Here are the steps you need to follow to cook this delicious recipe:
- Cut off the top of the peppers, remove the seeds and the membranes, and then rinse them.
- Cut the bell peppers in half, placing them upwards.
- After placing them in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave them on high power for 3 to 3 and a half minutes.
- Mix half a pound of ground beef with a half cup of cooked rice, 1 can of tomato sauce, 1/8 cup of chopped onions, half a teaspoon of salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of garlic salt all together.
- Stuff the mixture equally into 4 large individual bell peppers; you can use more or less bell peppers and mixture depending on how many servings you need.
- Microwave again for 12-13 minutes.
- Sprinkle each bell pepper with cheese for an extra delicious taste.
And there you have them! The microwaved bell peppers, and other delicious, easy-to-cook recipes for lunch, dessert, and snacks, all thanks to the best microwave in the market.