Imagine you come home after a long day of work and want to rest, but suddenly mosquitoes try to ruin your rest. It sounds frustrating, right? We all have experienced mosquito bites, and sometimes, these bites can cause severe problems. In addition, various mosquitoes also possess a greater risk of transmitting infections such as Malaria and Dengue.
A professional pest control Alamo Heights, TX, can provide expert and customized mosquito control solutions. However, to protect you and your loved one’s well-being, here are a few essential steps you can take.
1. Take special care of toddlers and children.
Children and toddlers are at higher risk of contracting diseases through mosquito bites. One must take adequate measures to protect them. Some of the preventive measures for children and babies include:
- Make sure you dress them in full clothing covering their arms and legs.
- Use nets in the strollers and baby carriers.
- In case you are using insect repellent, ensure to read the instructions and label carefully. Check if it is advisable to use it for babies and children.
- Avoid applying the repellent directly to the children’s bodies.
2. Install mosquito nets on your doors and windows.
One of the best ways to prevent mosquitoes from entering your house is to keep the windows and doors closed. But, getting fresh air is equally important. Therefore, make sure to install proper mosquito nets on your doors, windows, and other openings of your house.
3. Use mosquito repellent.
Use safe mosquito repellent whenever you step out of the house. These mosquito repellent sprays or creams will ensure the mosquitoes stay away and prevent bites. However, do not directly spray it on your body. One must carefully go through the instruction label to know the dos and don’ts.
4. Preventing bites during sleep.
Whenever you go to sleep, you can use a mosquito repellent bed net that will cover your entire bed. These nets are safe and have tiny holes to allow air to pass in, but not enough for mosquitoes to enter inside. However, try to sleep away from the corners of the nets as mosquitoes sitting outside the net can bite you if the net is stuck to your skin. Furthermore, air conditioners can also prevent mosquito bites during sleep.
5. Call a professional pest control service.
Sometimes mosquitoes can go out of their way and invade your house. A professional mosquito control service will allow you to tackle the problem and get rid of them permanently.