Piles are also called hemorrhoids. They are groups of inflamed tissue present in the anal canal. These swollen tissues have blood vessels, muscle, support tissues, and elastic fibers.
Although a lot of people can have piles, the symptoms are not always visible. It causes noticeable symptoms only in hemorrhoids. Piles or inflamed collections of tissues can be of various sizes, and they may lie internally or externally.
Most Indians above 50 years suffer from this painful problem. That’s why you can find piles treatment in Hindi online at the sites of reputed multi-specialty hospitals.
Symptoms of Piles
The symptoms of this condition are not very serious. They resolve after some days. Generally, the patient may experience the following:
- Feeling of a rigid and painful lump around the anus region.
- The patient may feel that they have not cleared their bowels even after passing stool.
- Presence of bright red blood after a bowel movement.
- Sore, red, and itchy areas around the anus.
When piles aggravate into a severe health problem, then the symptoms include the following:
- More than usual anal bleeding.
- Inability to regulate bowel movement or incontinence.
- Anal fistula, wherein another channel is formed between the skin surface close to the anus and within it.
- Strangulated hemorrhoid wherein the supply of blood to hemorrhoid ends. It results in infections.
What Causes Piles to Occur?
Piles occur due to an increase in the pressure in the area of the lower rectum. When the blood vessels around the rectum and anus come under pressure, they stretch and swell. It leads to the formation of piles. The primary causes behind this problem are:
- Constant constipation
- Acute diarrhea
- Heavy weight lifting
- Straining too much when passing a stool
- Genetic factors
- Increased age
How is Piles Diagnosed?
Typically, there’s a physical examination for the diagnosis of this condition. The doctors assess the person’s anus and ask questions like:
- Do any near relatives of the patient have piles?
- Is there any mucus or blood in the stool?
- Is there any unexplained weight loss?
- Is there any change in the bowel movements?
- What is the stool color?
For diagnosing internal piles, doctors conduct a DRE or digital rectal examination. They can also use a proctoscope to look at the anal canal a bit more closely. A small tissue sample is taken from the rectum, which goes to the lab for its analysis.
What Is the Treatment of Piles?
Treatment is needed when this condition becomes very painful. In India, you can find piles treatment in Hindi, which tells you how to tackle his condition most effectively. Some of the treatment options include:
- Lifestyle changes – Your doctor will provide you with information on changing your lifestyle and making it healthier to manage piles.
- Diet – Usually, piles occur when people strain excessively during bowel movements. To avoid excessive straining, eat enough fiber, fruits, and vegetables. You won’t have problems with passing stools.
- Medications – Over-the-counter medications for piles include ointments, creams, and painkillers that alleviate pain and soothe swelling.
- Laxatives – Your doctor can also prescribe you laxatives if you are troubled by constipation. It will allow you to pass stools easily.
Piles can certainly take a toll on an individual’s life quality if not addressed at the right time. It is essential to seek the services of an expert health professional as soon as you start experiencing its symptoms. It will prevent the condition from becoming more complicated.