Many people have suffered tooth loss as a result of periodontal disease, injury, or even tooth decay. For a long time, the only options many people had to replace their missing teeth were dentures and bridges. However, today, things have changed because dental implants are now available and can provide you with a new smile from places such as Central Texas Periodontics.
Dental Implants & Benefits
Dental implants are simply the replacement of tooth roots. They provide a foundation for permanent, fixed, or removable replacement teeth that are created to look equal to your natural teeth.
If you are considering all on 4 dental implants, there are so many benefits including:
- Improvement in speech- If you wear dentures that do not fit properly, the teeth can easily slip within the mouth and cause you to slur your words. Dental implants enable you to talk without worrying about your teeth slipping.
- Improvement in appearance- Dental implants were created to feel and look just like your natural teeth. Since they are created to blend with your own teeth, they become permanent.
- Improvement in comfort- Since dental implants have become a part of you, they take away the discomfort associated with removing dentures.
- Improvement in self-esteem- Dental implants can give you back the smile you used to have and help improve the way you feel about yourself.
- Improvement in oral health- Dental implants do not require taking out your other teeth. Since the surrounding teeth are not modified to support your implants, most of your natural teeth will be left alone, which in turn improves your long-term oral health.
- Convenience- Dentures can be removed at any time. Dental implants take away the inconvenience of removing your dentures as well as the use of adhesives that can be messy.
- Ability to eat easier- Dentures that constantly slide can make eating difficult, Dental implants operate just like your natural teeth and enable you to eat your favorite foods without discomfort.
- Dental implant surgery in San Diego can help you get your confidence back, teeth implants san diego are not only beneficial to your oral health and prevent bone loss, but they also help to restore your self-esteem
Am I a good candidate for dental implants?
Anyone that is in overall good health to undergo oral surgery or a routine dental extraction can be considered as a good candidate for dental implants. Patients interested in dental implants should have gums that are healthy and strong enough bone to support the implants. Patients must also practice good oral hygiene habits and see their dentists for regular visits. People that smoke or suffer from chronic disorders that are uncontrolled, such as heart disease or diabetes, should be evaluated on an individual basis. If you are considering having dental implants, you should discuss this with your dentist to see if you are the right fit.
Are dental implants painful?
Many people who have dental implants report that they experienced little to no pain during the procedure. Your dentist may also use local anesthesia during the procedure. Patients have also reported that the procedure of getting implants is less than the pain experienced with a tooth extraction.