Pandemic has hit the world hard, making cleanliness a crucial factor. A clean space is hygienic and declared safe. As such, most businesses now know the importance of cleanliness. And regardless of its size, every organization is now looking for facility management services. These service providers can reduce this stress with ease and even maintain quality. But first, what exactly is facility management?
What Is Facility Management?
In layman’s terms, facility management is the process of maintaining any organization’s building and equipment. This process aims to ensure the business’s safety, functionality, and efficiency, and it includes people, processes, and places. In many countries, facility management service is the backbone for most buildings and organizations.
As such, facility management is crucial, and here are some facts highlighting its importance:
- It aids in improving the quality of life (for people and the workplace).
- It helps in providing a safe and comfortable environment.
- It increases the overall efficiency of the workplace.
- It helps the employee in feeling good about the place they work at. This, in turn, boosts their morale and enthusiasm to work and improve productivity.
- It has an overall impact on the growth of the organization.
Type of Services
The facility management services can be majorly divided into two parts: hard facility services and soft facility services.
Hard Facility Services
These services manage the physical environment and are crucial for the safety of employees and visitors. This include:
- Fire Safety
- HVAC System
- Electrical and mechanical work
- Maintenance work
- Other preventative work
Soft Facility Services
These services usually manage people and the organization. They aid in providing a secure and comfortable work environment. And, these services can be altered and removed if necessary. This include:
- Waste management and disposal
- Pest control and management
- Space planning
- Regular security
What Makes a Facility Management Company Great?
In order to check if the facility management company is good enough, you must consider the following points.
- They have a well-managed staff that has professional experience.
- The cleaning experts know in and out of the work they are supposed to do.
- They are known for following industrial and business guidelines.
- They are aware of the policies of the term of service.
- They do not harm the assets of the business while performing their services.
- They are 100% compliant with the client’s requirements.
- They usually have a PAN presence, which usually means they have been doing good for different clients.
- They are ISO certified.
- They have client satisfaction at the core of their business rules.
- They have rich experience in the industry and are known for their services.
- They have a scope of adding services so that if a new requirement arises, they’re able to fulfill it.
Other than these, some other factors to be considered are:
- They are aiming for cost-effective services.
- They do not require interference from clients as they know how to do their job.
- They provide tailored services as per the requirement.
- They have a portfolio of all the services and clients.
- They have a standard operating procedure.
There are various elements to facility management services. The industry size, too, is vast. With multiple challenges and risks involved, a facility management company must be secure in itself to be able to serve its client. Meanwhile, the main objective of hiring a facility management service company is to have a safer and better work environment. And, while you are looking for a service provider, consider checking the points mentioned above so that you choose the right company.