The decision to start a family is life-altering and significantly changes your life. But if you have tried everything to conceive and nothing is working out for you, you may think that you will never be able to start a family.
In such cases, IVF could be a massive help. In this article, Dr. Mohit Saraogi talks about IVF, IVF costs in Mumbai, and the IVF procedure.
What is IVF?
In Vitro Fertilization is assisted reproductive technology (ART). This technique retrieves eggs from your ovaries and fertilizes them with sperm. This fertilized egg is called an embryo. This embryo can either be frozen for storage or can be transferred into a woman’s uterus.
Dr. Mohit Saraogi is one of the best IVF specialists in Mumbai. He works at Saraogi Hospital in Mumbai and has 13+ years of experience. At Saraogi Hospital, the IVF cost in Mumbai is more affordable than in the rest.
Who needs it?
According to Dr. Saraogi, you need IVF treatment if you meet the following criteria:
- If you are a woman over 40
- If you have damaged or blocked fallopian tubes
- If you have an unexplained infertility
Step 1: Consultation
The first step is to persuade yourself that you need treatment. You and your partner will be asked about your brief medical history when you arrive at the clinic. They will also address any concerns you may have regarding the procedure.
The doctor will then discuss with you the treatment strategy. You will learn how to administer your medications. They may also talk to you about the expense of the procedure. A lady usually takes a medication injection every day for 10-12 days.
Step 2: Increasing Ovulation
If you are having this procedure, you or your partner must trigger ovulation to gather as many eggs as possible. You are given drugs to stimulate your ovaries to produce many eggs rather than just one. The more eggs you have, the higher your chances of conceiving.
Step 3: Collecting the eggs
The egg retrieval will occur in the doctor’s office around 36 hours after the previous injection and before ovulation. You will be sedated and given pain medicine. In this process, a tiny needle is inserted into the ovaries to extract the eggs.
Step 4: Collecting the sperm
Your partner’s sperm is harvested. Then it passes through the washing process before being employed in the following operation.
Step 5: Fertilization
Insemination is used to bring together the finest egg and sperm that the doctor has found.
Step 6: Embryo Transfer
Embryo transfer usually occurs 3-5 days following egg extraction. It usually occurs 6-12 days following the operation. The embryos are placed inside the uterus via a catheter. After that, you must wait for the following procedure to be completed: a pregnancy test to assess the success of the IVF. The entire IVF process might take up to 6-8 weeks.
The entire treatment is available at Saraogi Hospital, where the IVF cost in Mumbai is more affordable than in other IVF clinics.
Risks or Disadvantages
The following are the risks associated with IVF treatment, says Dr. Saraogi:
- Multiple births: There is a possibility of multiple births associated with IVF. If there are multiple babies, the chances of premature labor are higher.
- Premature delivery: The baby could be born early, or its weight at birth is low.
- Miscarriage: Miscarriage rates are roughly similar to natural conception rates.
- Issues with egg retrieval: During the egg retrieval process, you may have bleeding, infection, or injury to your bladder, intestines, or reproductive organs.
- One of the disadvantages of IVF is it could be expensive. The IVF cost in Mumbai is affordable at Saraogi Hospital.
IVF has a success rate of roughly 40% on average. However, it also relies on your age and health. During your sessions, the IVF doctor will go over this with you.
The most common question is, “Are IVF babies normal?” According to Dr. Saraogi, IVF kids are born healthy, and there are millions of them. IVF causes no harm to the infants, either short or long-term.
IVF Cost in Mumbai
There are a lot of factors that affect the IVF cost in Mumbai, says Dr. Saraogi.
- Your age and the number of treatments
- The success rate of the clinic you are taking treatment at
- The expertise and experience of your fertility specialists
- If you need treatments like IMSI, Laser Assisted Hatching, etc., it can increase the cost of IVF in Mumbai.
The average IVF cost in Mumbai is around Rs.150000 to Rs.250000. However, at Saraogi Hospital, IVF cost in Mumbai is Rs. 90000 to Rs. 100000.
IVF treatment could be an excellent option if you have tried everything to conceive, but it has not been successful. It can help you start a family and fulfill your dreams of having a child.
If you live in Mumbai, you can visit Dr. Mohit Saraogi at Saraogi Hospital for your treatment. The IVF cost in Mumbai at Saraogi Hospital is more affordable than the rest.