Hair loss can cause a significant fall in your self-confidence and self-image. The hair fall might occur due to several factors. However, this does not imply that you will never be able to regain your hair. There are treatments available like hair transplants that can help restore your hair.
In this article, Dr. Harikiran Chekuri discusses hair transplants and hair transplant cost in Hyderabad.
What is a Hair transplant?
A hair transplant is when a dermatologist or plastic surgeon moves hair from your side or back to the head’s thinning or bald area.
The majority of hair loss occurs because of pattern baldness. It can also happen due to your genetics. Other reasons are also responsible for significant hair loss like diet, stress, hormonal imbalance, etc.
Dr. Harikiran Chekuri is a hair transplant surgeon in Hyderabad with over 14 years of experience. He works at his clinic, Redefine Hair Transplantation Center. Here, the cost of a hair transplant in Hyderabad is affordable.
Who may need a Hair Transplant?
According to Dr. Harikiran Chekuri, the following are the good candidates for hair transplant:
- If you are a male with male pattern baldness
- If you are a woman who has thinning hair
- If you are someone who has lost your hair from a scalp or burn injury
Who is not fit to have a Hair Transplant?
A hair transplant is not a good option for you if:
- You are a woman who has a significant pattern of hair loss throughout your scalp
- If you don’t have enough hair in the back or side of your head to remove them for a hair transplant
- If you have lost your hair due to treatments like chemotherapy
Many people don’t want to get hair transplant treatment because they think it is costly. Hair transplant cost in Hyderabad at Redefine Hair Transplantation Center is affordable than the rest.
According to Dr.Chekuri, the following are the procedures for 2 main types of hair transplant:
Once your surgeon cleans your scalp thoroughly, they will use a small needle to numb the area of your scalp for anesthesia.
There are 2 types of hair transplants: FUT and FUE.
1. In Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) procedure:
- Your surgeon will use a scalpel to remove a strip of the skin from your scalp from the back of your head. Generally, the incision is a few inches long.
- This incision is then closed with stitches.
- Your surgeon will next divide the severed scalp into small bits using a magnifying lens and a surgical knife. When implanted, these portions will aid in developing your natural-looking hair.
2. In follicular unit extraction (FUE) procedure:
- Your surgeon will start by shaving the procedure area and the area from which the follicles will be extracted (also called the donor area).
- Then the surgeon will remove your hair follicles by using a tool called a micro punch tool.
- Then your surgeon will make tiny incisions with a needle or sharp tool on the area of the procedure. The extracted particles will be inserted here.
- Your surgeon will then insert the follicles into the incisions they have made.
- Then the treatment area will be cleaned and bandaged for recovery.
A hair transplant procedure generally takes about 4 hours or more to complete. You might need 3-4 sessions to get the head full of hair. There will be some time between the sessions for each transplant to heal.
Typically, hair transplant cost in Hyderabad is more for FUE than FUT. FUE is a more advanced technique than FUT and leaves less scarring.
Following are the advantages of hair transplant according to Dr. Chekuri:
- You have a head with fuller hair and fewer bald areas.
- Hair transplants improve your self-confidence and self-image.
- It can be proven to be a permanent solution for your hair loss.
According to Dr. Chekuri, the side effects of hair transplants are temporary. These can include:
- Allergy to anesthesia
- Loss of feeling on your scalp
Hair Transplant Cost in Hyderabad
The hair transplant cost in Hyderabad depends on factors like the number of grafts, which method of hair transplant, if your donor site is sufficient for hair transplant, level of baldness, etc.
If you see hair transplant cost in Hyderabad by the price of grafts, the cost ranges between Rs. 20 to Rs. 120 grafts. Each graft contains around 1 to 4 hair follicles.
If you go by the average hair transplant cost in Hyderabad, it ranges from Rs. 5000 to Rs.265000.
A hair transplant could be an excellent option for you if other hair growth techniques have not worked. There are different types of hair transplant treatments. It is essential to take advice from an excellent professional before proceeding with the surgery.
If you are in Hyderabad, the hair transplant cost in Hyderabad is affordable at Redefine Hair Transplantation Center.